If you’re a fan of apples & cinnamon, here’s something you have to try. This recipe is the only one I reach for when I make waffles. If apple & cinnamon had a gorgeous kid it’s this delicious baby. It’s my go-to breakfast… it’s soo good and super filling – (it’s actually healthier than other recipes out there). It won’t take much of your time either because it’s so easy to make and you probably already have the ingredients at home!
The recipe isn’t mine, you’ll find the original blogpost here. My version’s a liiittle different. I slightly changed the ingredients and measurements as well as translating it from Norwegian to English.
100g rolled oats
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
3 1/2 dl milk
1 dl water
Let’s get cookin’!
- Whisk the eggs and sugar first then melt the butter and let it cool. Next, stir in all wet ingredients into the mixture.
- Put oats in a blender until it’s powdery like regular flour.
- Mix all ingredients together. Add more liquid or flour for a thicker/thinner batter.
- Grate the apples and put into the mixture and let it rest for 30 minutes.
Finally, scoop some into your waffle maker and voilà! Enjoy them while they’re warm (or cold) with some jam, yoghurt, ice cream or my personal favorite… au naturel.
* You can replace the oats with flour and vice versa. I usually only use oats, but any type of flour should work.
** substitute sugar with sweetener of your choice (remember to adjust measurements accordingly.)
*** coconut oil is a great substitute for butter.
I recommend adding the vanilla little by little depending on what type you use and how strong you want the vanilla taste to be. (I use vanilla sugar)
You can use more milk and less water for a creamier batter and vice versa for a thinner mix. (Use whichever milk you prefer)
I don’t think it’s necessary to peel apples when baking, but feel free to do so:))